Past and current premises


In 1929 Angelo Giorgio Cazzaniga inaugurates his first jewellery premises at number 67, via della Stamperia, in the Trevi neighbourhood, the throbbing heart of artisanal Rome. The demands of growing production and increased standing mean that In 1942 the company must move. The new premises at Palazzo Ruspoli, with a window on piazza San Lorenzo in Lucina, are at number 38A, and have a secondary entrance in the internal courtyard. It is from this moment that a true school of art is formed, made up of excellent and eclectic master goldsmiths responsible for the fame of the Cazzaniga style throughout Italy. On 9 December 1965 a further studio-shop opens at number 21, via Frattina, on the corner of via Mario de’ Fiori. These new premises are the largest owned by the Cazzaniga family so far, both from a point of view of size and number of artisans employed. It spreads over three floors, with the ground floor and basement open to the public and the first floor reserved for the workshop and warehouse. At the beginning of the Nineteen Seventies, an ample rise in the volume of sales dictates a yet faster pace of production, making a further move of the workshop to more suitable accommodation necessary. The fourteen artisans move to an apartment of approximately 300 square metres in via della Mercede. In 1973, when Paolo Cazzaniga takes control of the business and the brand, the premises are moved to number 122, via di Ripetta. Thanks to Paolo's innovatory impulse and the pursuit of a fortuitous intuition, Cazzaniga Jewellery soon steps into a new phase, completely focussed on trade outside Italy. The opening of this new frontier and, in particular, the intensifying of relations with a devoted Japanese clientele brings about a further development: Paolo therefore purchases the new premises at number 18, Passeggiata di Ripetta and definitively ceases trading with the public, concentrating all his energies on designing exclusive collections for a carefully chosen clientele. Today, Paolo Cazzaniga receives his clients at his studio at number 18, Passeggiata di Ripetta, a short distance from piazza del Popolo, by appointment only.